Over the course of my career, I have learned to balance the art and science of integrated marketing communications to become a creative designer, a compelling copywriter, a data miner and analyst, a social media community manager and a front-end developer.
I am a focused, driven, self-motivated leader who thrives in collaborative, cross-functional team settings and am quick to learn and adjust within rapidly-changing environments, ready to leverage exciting new possibilities of social and digital media.
Here is some of my work.
Social Media Producer (2012 – Present)
- Integration of social and digital content into on-air initiatives (and vice versa)
- Coordination of content, strategy, engagement, and analytics across 20 network social accounts on various networks
- Facilitation, best practices, and analytics for 37 talent, reporter, and insider social accounts on Facebook and Twitter
- Planning and implementation of sponsored digital and social promotions, including major cooperative efforts with NBC Sports and NBCUniversal
- Creation of custom, socially integrated digital content and products including creative, copywriting, and coding for use online and on-air
- Management of relationship with external marketing agency of record
Social media accounts managed:
Main network accounts:
Team-specific Twitter accounts:
The Baseball Show:
social media accounts overseen
increase in Facebook Engaged Users
increase in web referrals from social
increase in Facebook Page Reach
increase in Twitter engagement
increase in Facebook Link Clicks
West Virginia University
M.S., Integrated Marketing Communications
In the WVU IMC program, communications professionals learn to re-align their marketing activities to ensure a constant flow of information to consumers from a variety of media. Students earn a practical, customizable graduate education that is designed to equip them with the skills to emerge as leaders in the field. One hallmark of the WVU IMC program is its learn-it-today, use-it-tomorrow focus that is built into the curriculum. Students are able to take the knowledge they gain in the classroom and immediately apply it to the challenges in their professional lives.
Digital Media Strategist (2011-2012)
Social media, investor relations, copywriting, community management, marketing collateral creation, design feedback, feature planning…I had my hand in just about everything besides core product coding in this incredibly fast-paced and demanding startup environment.
Just about all of this was organized and executed using some combination of the popular project management platform Unfuddle; bug-reporting, feedback, and community management giant GetSatisfaction; the elegant social media management tool Sprout Social; and real-time web analytics platform Clicky.
Social media accounts managed:
Kestler Financial Group
Director of Communications (2008-2011)
- Lead generation, lifecycle marketing, and brand communication through an email database of over 500k subscribers
- Design, production, and distribution of printed materials and marketing collateral for direct mail and event marketing
- Spearheading the adoption of social media within this highly-regulated industry
- Analytics and real-time dashboarding of marketing KPIs
- Complete management of company website—including lead generation, landing pages, and blog—before, during, and after a major redesign project